Data Transfer Firmware (FWDT) New!
Firmware and software bundle for extended data transfer rates and peer-to-peer streaming at up to 6.8 Gbyte/sDatasheet
ADQ14-FWDT is a firmware and software bundle which upgrade the PCI Express interface of an ADQ14 to generation 3 by 8 lane (Gen3 x8). It also adds support for peer-to-peer streaming to a selected number of graphics processing units (GPUs) from AMD and NVIDIA. Data transfers can hence be done either to the CPU of the host PC or, for applications that require higher computational power, via peer-to-peer to a GPU. Transfers can done at sustained rates of 6 Gbyte/s and with peak rates at up to 6.8 GByte/s.
ADQ14-FWDT offers a complement to the open FPGA architecture for those customers that prefer to work with GPUs. With peer-to-peer technology the data is transferred directly from the digitizer to the GPU with minimal involvement of the host computer’s CPU. This is a huge advantage compared to conventional solutions which require data to be copied via the RAM of the host PC. With peer-to-peer both the CPU and RAM can instead be used for other tasks. The captured data can be post-processed in OpenCL™ or CUDA™. See the datasheet for details about supported GPU models and operating systems.Benefits
ApplicationsSystems integration support
- Peer-to-peer outperforms conventional solutions which rely on copying data via the RAM of the host PC
- Peer-to-peer and GPUs complement the already offered open FPGA architecture
- GPUs are more suitable than FPGAs for certain applications and algorithms
- Post-processing of captured data can be done in the GPU using OpenCL™ or CUDA™
- PCIe form factor options for compact systems integration.
- Advanced analog front-end, trigger functions, and high sampling rate of ADQ14 for meeting systems requirements.
- Enables high speed real-time custom signal processing solutions for advanced systems.
- SP Devices’ design services are available for fast integration to lower time-to-market.