FW2DDC - Digital Down-conversion Firmware
Stand-alone firmware package for RF applications
FW2DDC equips ADQ7WB and ADQ7DC with real-time functions commonly used in radio frequency (RF) receivers. It also contains the proprietary ADX technology which corrects mismatch errors in time-interleaved analog-to-digital converters (TI-ADCs) and thereby ensure industry-leading spurious-free dynamic range (SFDR). The digital signal processing also helps reduce the data rate to a manageable level in order to simplify data post-processing and storage.
- ADX corrects TI-ADC offset, gain and phase errors so that unwanted image spurs does not limit achievable SFDR.
- FW2DDC contains two digital downconverters (DDCs) consisting of quadrature mixers and decimation filters that help reduce the data rate, improve the signal-to-noise (SNR) ratio for the band of interest, and translate the RF frequency to an intermediate frequency (IF) for baseband processing.
- The subsequent finite impulse response (FIR) filters can be used either for further noise reduction, for channel equalization, or for correcting in-phase and quadrature (IQ) imbalance.
- Built-in ADX time-interleaving correction
- DDC instances: 4
- NCO frequency resolution: 1.1642 Hz
- NCO spur level: -95 dBFS
- Decimation factor: 2 to 234
- FIR filter / Equalizer
- Filter instances: 4
- Filter length: 5 taps
- Coefficient length: 14 bits
- Data input length: Up to 25 bits
- RF monitoring and recording
- Channel sounding
- Satellite monitoring
- RF production testing
- Signals intelligence
- Low-level RF (LLRF)